O Kid, What You Meditate Upon?
O Just born infant kid,
why you sleep all the time,
Not opening your eyes,
what you meditate upon?
You just not know were you are,
This world may change you,
Do you think how can you change the world,
Do you think what is around?
Do you know who brought you?
what is that you meditate on,
You are that,
yet ready to fall into MAYA,
And that you brought with your
own karma and samskaras, Egoless state is beautiful,
Not with ignorance,
But with all knowledge,
Crossing the ocean from this
shore of ignorance to other shore
of knowledge, Both shores, the ocean and boat
all being you!
Listen this kid,
Self is that which,
is beyond every form of energy,
Yet is the infinite source of all,
Beyond the stage on which every
perform its show,
There is the neutral enjoyer, Who is dreaming these world, Earth is that fertile womb,
Where this self entered with
Desire to know the nature!
Just as one wants to love another
to understand more, Or to have one to understand! Only way out is understand the
And understand your own
Let nature go in its own way,
let nature leave you to live in your own way,
For that understand what is Self,
Whether nature and self are one,
Or different from one another?
Without Self or nature no one can
be there, If someone is there,
He is that Truth which can't see
and understand Himself!
You came here to conquer,
Not anything, only to conquer
your own nature, Your own idiocy and foolishness!
Ramdas Bhandarkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (O Kid, What You Meditate Upon? by Ramdas Bhandarkar )
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
- The Chameleon, Sir Toby
- A game of Love, Sir Toby
- As I would like to grow old (to my Mother), Gianfranco Aurilio
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns