O Love their Sits a Lion in the Gate
O Love their sits a Lion in the gate
My duty calls above my heart’s desire
Mortal conflict is for sure and cannot wait,
Speak not of peace amidst so great a fire.
Great winds from Eden burn the fair green land
Do we sit idly admits the boiling pot?
The approaching tempest will quickly be at hand,
And defiles the beauty of this very spot.
But my love your faith I will remember
And courage it gives against the lions might.
Your love for me preserves the burning ember,
Of courage growing strong throughout the fight.
Your faith in me will be my victory cry,
With you this mortal’s fear for now will die.
For you this mortal’s fear for now will die.
Gary Bryson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (O Love their Sits a Lion in the Gate by Gary Bryson )
- With nature, hasmukh amathalal
- Owl, kassem oude
- No ordinary, hasmukh amathalal
- Coal - your turn, gajanan mishra
- Bluff-masters As Contemporary Indian Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- There Will Always Be Another Poem, Shalom Freedman
- This Is My Bungalow, This Is My Car, Thi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar