Ocean And Droplet
Ocean and droplet, like corn – ear and flower,
Breathe in fulfillment of one same behest:
Winter and summer it spins in the world
Whirlwind and slumber in woodland boughs.
Men and their doings – a weft immemorial...
Miracle pilots us, we are the oar – strokes...
Trembling of moments in trembling eternal...
Years are in flower, of bliss everlasting...
Mankind's brief hour is like to the wave...
Know you, o man, in the depths of the night,
Meeting with prayer the silence of stars.
Whose is the mouth with which you speak?
In brilliance of noon, where the hour of fulfillment
Opens the flowers in Golgotha's world.
Know you, o wand'rer, in labor and strife.
Whose is thought, not of earth, that you think?
Jurgis Baltrušaitis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ocean And Droplet by Jurgis Baltrušaitis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Chain Verse: Believe in God, Dr John Celes
- 'Cold Sun', Quenten McClellan
- Foreign bird, gajanan mishra
- 'My Love', Quenten McClellan
- #379 Enough, Jimmie Arrington
- #378 Near The Furthest Star, Jimmie Arrington
- Who Are You? Who Is Asking?, LUVinThe NOW
- Prayer, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- 'Times', Quenten McClellan
- Life IS For Living or Not?, LUVinThe NOW