Is it true that October Country can grow
older gracefully? While I am composing
Christian and inspirational poetry?
For the Holy Spirit's sweet soulful
songs fills my soul coninually.
October is the month that my mother,
Eleanor May Dubarry, gave me birth.
Shortly after midnight, on October
4,1954 I made my appearence on
planet earth. The city of Seattle,
Swedish Hospital. Yes, my mother
had her hands full.
August 25,1952 my sister, Lynn Ellen
Dubarry was born. But she was not
torn into two parts. Her life was
given a brand new head start.
Yes, the Holy Spirit was buys singing
poetic songs on that day I came to be.
Yes, I sing beautiful songs all the day
long. By composing inspiring poetry,
I learned just how much my Creator
must love even me.
Love in Chris Jesus!
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Roxy54- short for my name, Roxanne.54 means 1954- the year I was born.
Comments about this poem (October Country#1 by Roxanne Dubarry )
- A Bunch Of Daffodils..., Eshan Gupta
- Love others, gajanan mishra
- Thoughts of Perfection, michael walkerjohn
- Coffee & cream, Mark Heathcote
- An African Woman Unfolds, michael walkerjohn
- The Daughter of the Earth - 43, gajanan mishra
- Prove your presence, hasmukh amathalal
- Do Early Birds Really Catch the Worm?, Dr John Celes
- I Did It Well, Vera Sidhwa
- Epistemology, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Go Back to May 1937, Sharon Olds
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 19, 1942)