ode on the passing past
This house is full of stories we both told These rooms their very stage where they'd unfold These walls they whisper secrets and memories thereof But this door no longer leads us to that love
Let us shun this pantomime quit this love, the act of mime….
Is what She said,
Leaving behind lots of sorrow which can never fade.
I was hard struck with her tears,
Still I kept chains to my fears,
I assumed she was just threatening me,
I thought She would bring back all my happiness’s key.
Not too late to realize she was gone for ever
To return she promised never
It was all because of my new girlfriend
I forgot my beautiful past in following the modern trend.
She was always been there for me, and never even asked me for any fee,
whenever I needed a shoulder to cry, to escape she never did try.
But now she is gone,
I do not have anything to think about her but to mourn
I alwaz used to tell her “my best friend loneliness, do never leave me in a mess.”
All thanks to my girlfriend
Who to my beautiful past far did send
I always ignored my best friend in past, and now only her memory do last…………………..
ajitav basak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ode on the passing past by ajitav basak )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Life, Vaishnavi Singh
- God, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Apatnaput-apat (44), herbert guitang
- Schoon Poepske, Madrason writer
- Your Heart To Mine, Michael P. McParland
- Motivation, Kim Lee
- A life without pain, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- BLUE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Mental Torment, Kim Lee
- Волшебная прогулка по лесу., Alexander Smetanin