ode on the passing past
This house is full of stories we both told These rooms their very stage where they'd unfold These walls they whisper secrets and memories thereof But this door no longer leads us to that love
Let us shun this pantomime quit this love, the act of mime….
Is what She said,
Leaving behind lots of sorrow which can never fade.
I was hard struck with her tears,
Still I kept chains to my fears,
I assumed she was just threatening me,
I thought She would bring back all my happiness’s key.
Not too late to realize she was gone for ever
To return she promised never
It was all because of my new girlfriend
I forgot my beautiful past in following the modern trend.
She was always been there for me, and never even asked me for any fee,
whenever I needed a shoulder to cry, to escape she never did try.
But now she is gone,
I do not have anything to think about her but to mourn
I alwaz used to tell her “my best friend loneliness, do never leave me in a mess.”
All thanks to my girlfriend
Who to my beautiful past far did send
I always ignored my best friend in past, and now only her memory do last…………………..
ajitav basak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ode on the passing past by ajitav basak )
- Basukinath Temple of Lord Shiva, umaprosad das
- Love Travelling Or The Travellers In Lov.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Never Leave You, Michael McParland
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- Save The Girl Child, Bijay Kant Dubey
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- women,, Nassy Fesharaki
- Left Before She Was Found, Sierra Staten
- Child in Me, Sierra Staten
- Of the Seven Deadly Sins- Jealousy, Emily Liang
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- GREATNESS OF MOTHER, P.YASWANTH REDDY
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)