Ode To Shannon Steele
I'm a professor by day,
A detective by night,
I teach education and listen to what my student's say,
However, try as I might,
I must confess,
I'm not as careful as the rest.
On my way to get married,
I'm almost killed,
Thrown in a closet and left for dead.
That's not way to treat a man about to be wed!
Then on my wedding day,
I find out that my honeymoon takes place,
Before I was born!
How is that possible?
I wondered in my head,
While all the time I’m dodging the Nazi's running around my bed.
Now all of this may sound odd to you,
But you too can learn by buying book two.
The Catered Affair, it's a good read,
It's the type that all of you will need.
Nadalia Bagratuni's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ode To Shannon Steele by Nadalia Bagratuni )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- leaving the dream ajar, Mandolyn ...
- Androids in my Dream, Rachel Nichols
- The Day Before Christmas 1968, Kyle Schlicher
- Tocaña, Nassy Fesharaki
- Haze your Dream, Antonio Liao
- With gun yielding, hasmukh amathalal
- Along with many, hasmukh amathalal
- No other culture, hasmukh amathalal
- A Splendor Beauty, Hanh Chau
- With all, hasmukh amathalal