Of War And It's Bloodshed
Of war and it's bloodshed far too much we know
Let's hear it for peace and for all a fair go
Nationalism, Religion, Patriotism and Culture only seem to divide
And war leaders declare we have God on our side.
For centuries of war wisdom we do not show
The war supposed to end all wars ended decades ago
Yet at the war memorial the last post is still played
And for the returned war heroes there is one more parade.
War only cause heartbreak the facts never lie
And every day in war zones more people do die
And even every war winner in human lives pay the cost
And victory cannot taste sweet with so many lives lost.
This latest so called war on terror based only on fear
So many evil people from the propagandists we hear
But it takes two to fight and two wrongs never make a right
And the egotistical war men one can say not that bright.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Of War And It's Bloodshed by Francis Duggan )
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.1, Singleton M. Tate
- Here We Go Again, Dylon Cain
- Bitter Slave, S. I. Rednow
- The Pilot, S. I. Rednow
- Happy Times are Coming, michael hagwood
- Lest We Forget, S. I. Rednow
- For Years Now, Dylon Cain
- Christmas Spirit, S. I. Rednow
- After Three, S. I. Rednow
- Ambivolent Thanks, S. I. Rednow