Jeanette Pope Hailsham
Often times I've wondered
if a mere understanding of my surroundings
would enhance my ability to comprehend
the irony of reality.
I have never been able to complete this thought.
my mind appears to be preoccupied with curiosities
which I fail to realize at that particular time
it can be seen through observation
that no matter how difficult a situation may be to understand
regardless of its circumstances
It would seem then
that reality is nothing more
than a reflection
of that which it is.
Consider if you will
the idea of thinking
stimulated only by the thought itself.
that which the mind can see
cannot be felt simply
by a touch of the flesh.
that which cannot be heard
cannot be disputed verbally
that which is neither seen nor heard
can only be questioned
I am sure
creates its own doubt.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Often times I've wondered by Jeanette Pope Hailsham )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Fair Maiden, Kyle Tadda
- this is becoming a line at red box, Mandolyn Davidson
- it's SPF 50 or i'm hitting the caves, Mandolyn Davidson
- We Are, j.r ...
- if i had been a cactus, you still would .., Mandolyn Davidson
- retrospect, Mandolyn Davidson
- Mothra Rules, Kevin Patrick
- A Tidal Wave, MINA BOULEKOU
- gameshow guest, lee fones
- The Poor Rich, Samantha Pearson