Jeanette Pope Hailsham
Often times I've wondered
if a mere understanding of my surroundings
would enhance my ability to comprehend
the irony of reality.
I have never been able to complete this thought.
my mind appears to be preoccupied with curiosities
which I fail to realize at that particular time
it can be seen through observation
that no matter how difficult a situation may be to understand
regardless of its circumstances
It would seem then
that reality is nothing more
than a reflection
of that which it is.
Consider if you will
the idea of thinking
stimulated only by the thought itself.
that which the mind can see
cannot be felt simply
by a touch of the flesh.
that which cannot be heard
cannot be disputed verbally
that which is neither seen nor heard
can only be questioned
I am sure
creates its own doubt.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Often times I've wondered by Jeanette Pope Hailsham )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 September 1880 – 25 June 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Love Note 15, Michael P. McParland
- Poetry Heaven, Kim Barney
- Thank You My Love, Margaret Alice Second
- My Dream, Michael P. McParland
- joshua trees hopping in the trunk of the.., Mandolyn ...
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..