Oh God, Are You Cruel Or Merciful?
Oh God, I often get confused
Are you cruel or merciful?
You offer poison or nectar? To me
Some people sent by YOU
Hurt me ruthlessly and
My tears flow like a flooded river.
Other people sent by the same YOU
Soothe my wounded heart
With their kind, wise words.
With one hand YOU give me everything
Parents, food, money, job and
What not, even before I ask for those.
With another hand YOU snatch everything
Love, peace, harmony and
What not, much before I could guess it.
Oh God, tell me now
Are you cruel or merciful to me?
Ambrosia Ambrosia's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Oh God, Are You Cruel Or Merciful? by Ambrosia Ambrosia )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Carolyn Ford Witt
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
Poem of the Day
- Christmas Tale, Gergana Teofilova
- None Sweeter, Michael P. McParland
- Not Yet Slept, Michael P. McParland
- No Other, Michael P. McParland
- Blue Hope, maryline vautravers
- No More Yelling, Michael P. McParland
- No Greater Love, Michael P. McParland
- Nightlife, Michael P. McParland
- Never Ending, Michael P. McParland
- Needed Sleep, Michael P. McParland