On Keeping Promises
He let me down once, she too disappointed me before
These are remarks nobody is happy to hear
It is generally said – promise is a debt!
Have you ever reneged on a promise?
Failure to keep a promise demonstrates that
You are unreliable, untrustworthy, erratic,
Inconsistent, undependable and unpredictable
It is far better not to make any promises
Than to make a promise and renege on it
What did you do on your last birthday?
Did you keep all the promises you made to yourself?
How many promises did you keep?
On your birthday before the last
You promised to love your wife more
You promised to take more care of the kids
You also promised to relax more and loosen up
How far did you keep the above promises?
I know you will come up with excuses
That the volume of work increased in the office
Which makes you tired whenever you get home
That the cold weather lasted too long
Which disoriented your entire well-being
Always remember that if there is true love
No excuse can and should stand in your way
To fulfill your commitments to your wife and kids
True love leads to genuine care for the family
If you keep your wife and kids are happy
The reflection bounces back on the husband
Which leads to overall family happiness
Remember; never make a promise you cannot keep
Julius Babarinsa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Keeping Promises by Julius Babarinsa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- I'm Not The Folktune Said The Princess, mary douglas
- Red Velveteen Wouldn't The Rosebuds Wish.., mary douglas
- The Muse In Flight Before The Approachin.., mary douglas
- Etched In The Stone The Weeping Fern Sur.., mary douglas
- Neutralize your last final words, Mark Heathcote
- Her Voice, Kristopher DeLander
- Blue Words Were Spoken From A Golden Book, mary douglas
- Essay of Self, Simon Quperlier
- I Was Wearing A Dress Of Impeachable Hue, mary douglas
- Dull by nature, gajanan mishra