On Life And All That Goes With It
On life and all that goes with it I've written a bit
And though my stuff may be lacking in humor and wit
And feeling and passion and rhythm as well
For as long as I live I will pen doggerel.
I've never referred to myself as a poet
Or I'll never be one worthy of literary note
Time catching up on me my better days gone
But why should that matter I will keep penning on.
What hair I have left on my head it is gray
And where I was born and raised from here is far away
Where in my young years I often daydreamed of literary renown
In old Claragahatlea a mile from Millstreet Town.
Of life and all that goes with it I've written a share
And my rhymes are not good of which I am aware
But I will keep on penning of that I won't lie
For as long as I can if not until I die.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Life And All That Goes With It by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- ZZ Companies Using Sugar Burn Animals Al.., Saiom Shriver
- starry smile, Eva Tortora
- lit up ocean, Eva Tortora
- A Boy's Dream (Sad), Manauwer Raza
- blue moon orange, Eva Tortora
- Lone gypsy 2, Nalini Chaturvedi
- an angle of angels........................, Eva Tortora
- a mile of music ~!, Eva Tortora
- walk with me, Eva Tortora
- petals in the sand......................., Eva Tortora