On Memorial Day We Don't Think About Them
ON MEMORIAL DAY WE DON’T THINK ABOUT THEM
On Memorial Day we don’t think about them
Their names are not on any special list-
They are the ones who fought the battles
Day after day year after year
And yet were not killed in battle-
They are the heroes
The public does not know
And does not recognize-
Do they and did they resent the absence of attention?
The absence of Hymns of Glory
Of ceremonies of Remembrance?
Or are they and were they simply grateful for
Having fought the battles and survived them?
For having done their part
To keep their nation and their people alive?
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Memorial Day We Don't Think About Them by Shalom Freedman )
Did you read them?
- Love Is The Flame, Lilly Emery
- A HERE WE PART و من هنا نفترق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fading Into Yesterday, Heather Burns
- Love Never Truly Ends, Lilly Emery
- Oh Mediterranean Sea, Lilly Emery
- Calculating The Odds, Kyle Schlicher
- Wind Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- Vietnam Sunset, Kyle Schlicher
- Standing On The Edge, Lilly Emery
- Underneath The Rock, Kyle Schlicher