On Memorial Day We Don't Think About Them
ON MEMORIAL DAY WE DON’T THINK ABOUT THEM
On Memorial Day we don’t think about them
Their names are not on any special list-
They are the ones who fought the battles
Day after day year after year
And yet were not killed in battle-
They are the heroes
The public does not know
And does not recognize-
Do they and did they resent the absence of attention?
The absence of Hymns of Glory
Of ceremonies of Remembrance?
Or are they and were they simply grateful for
Having fought the battles and survived them?
For having done their part
To keep their nation and their people alive?
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Memorial Day We Don't Think About Them by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal