Bijay Kant Dubey
On Reading Poet Onkar Nath Gupta's Spilled Feelings
Poetry for O.N.Gupta are lilacs blooming in a hi-tech lab,
The mosaics of love and legend,
Seeing into the prism,
Spilled feelings as ever.
Humour, the art of humour
Is the chief forte of the poet,
The art of satire
And the rebuilding of a satirist.
A poet of some oblique approach,
Statements ironical and regaling,
Witty and satiric,
Make us bubble with humour.
The poetry baby born to him
Is the baby of wit, humour and satire,
Irony and sarcasm,
Sardonic and satiric.
Poetry as spilled feelings,
As an afterthought.
A golden girl is a trophy, a memento
And the poet seeing in the museum,
As a saleswoman, a mannequin
A flower-girl, but not a robot girl.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Reading Poet Onkar Nath Gupta's Spilled Feelings by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- Halloween, lee fones
- Canned thoughts, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aunt Giovanna, at 80, Gary Corseri
- For To be An Indian English Poet, You St.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Magical, David Harris
- A Necessary Wish, Sandra Feldman
- Stations of life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Leading Me Home, Heather Burns
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)