Bijay Kant Dubey
On Reading Poet Onkar Nath Gupta's Spilled Feelings
Poetry for O.N.Gupta are lilacs blooming in a hi-tech lab,
The mosaics of love and legend,
Seeing into the prism,
Spilled feelings as ever.
Humour, the art of humour
Is the chief forte of the poet,
The art of satire
And the rebuilding of a satirist.
A poet of some oblique approach,
Statements ironical and regaling,
Witty and satiric,
Make us bubble with humour.
The poetry baby born to him
Is the baby of wit, humour and satire,
Irony and sarcasm,
Sardonic and satiric.
Poetry as spilled feelings,
As an afterthought.
A golden girl is a trophy, a memento
And the poet seeing in the museum,
As a saleswoman, a mannequin
A flower-girl, but not a robot girl.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Reading Poet Onkar Nath Gupta's Spilled Feelings by Bijay Kant Dubey )
Did you read them?
- Sonnet: Labourers in the Vineyard (Mathe.., Dr John Celes
- Prayer To God-Sri Ramakrishna., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- The Deserted Spring, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Love In Lovers' Poetry, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
- बहाना/ Bahaanaa, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)