Bijay Kant Dubey
On Reading Poet Onkar Nath Gupta's Spilled Feelings
Poetry for O.N.Gupta are lilacs blooming in a hi-tech lab,
The mosaics of love and legend,
Seeing into the prism,
Spilled feelings as ever.
Humour, the art of humour
Is the chief forte of the poet,
The art of satire
And the rebuilding of a satirist.
A poet of some oblique approach,
Statements ironical and regaling,
Witty and satiric,
Make us bubble with humour.
The poetry baby born to him
Is the baby of wit, humour and satire,
Irony and sarcasm,
Sardonic and satiric.
Poetry as spilled feelings,
As an afterthought.
A golden girl is a trophy, a memento
And the poet seeing in the museum,
As a saleswoman, a mannequin
A flower-girl, but not a robot girl.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Reading Poet Onkar Nath Gupta's Spilled Feelings by Bijay Kant Dubey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Poem of the Day
- Those Moments Of Weakness لحظات الضعف هذه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Two Little Boats, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- The Golden Swan, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- As a passer-bye, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is Blue, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Song of Yuletide Night, Sir Toby Moses
- Another Jungle Pool, Denis Martindale