George Pope Morris
On The Death Of Mrs. Jessie Willis.
After life's eventful mission,
In her truthfulness and worth,
Like a calm and gentle vision
She has passed away from earth.
Lovely she in frame and feature!
Blended purity and grace!--
The Creator in the creature
Glowed in her expressive face!
Angel of a nature human!
Essence of a celestial love!
Heart and soul of trusting woman,
Gone to her reward above!
Mourners, dry your tears of sorrow--
Read the golden promise o'er;
There will dawn a cheerful morrow
When we meet to part no more.
George Pope Morris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On The Death Of Mrs. Jessie Willis. by George Pope Morris )
- Alive, Cigeng Zhang
- There it Goes, Vera Sidhwa
- A Date With Fate, Noah Body
- Life's a Ball, Alice Cordy
- 'Did I ever Exist? ', Ananta Madhavan
- Keep safe, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunshine, Hanh Chau
- The Power Of Prayer, Tom Zart
- Mini Pool Tournament, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)