once up on a time
Once upon a time in a midmay
While Lila was home in a dismay
There came her cousin rushing in a haste
To deliver a message of courage and hope
'Soldiers say to run far away
That a war is about to begin'
She said in a frightening way
That made a hopeless hope stand in Lila's way
'Are you running away too?
Which place are you going to? '
Lila murmured not knowing who she was talking to
For her brain and vain soul
Swirled again and again
Later, after few days
She was perfect without a daze
In a foreign-neighboring hospital
How was she flown there?
Only God was there.
mariechantal tuyisabe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (once up on a time by mariechantal tuyisabe )
- Flooding In Kaschmir, Leslie Philibert
- Wild mentality, hasmukh amathalal
- Like A River, Edward Kofi Louis
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
- May We All Find What We're Looking For S.., Daniel Karbon
- Your love has made me wild and mad, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- Tree of life, Veronica Centeno
- Gil Scott Heron, Daniel Karbon
- Headache, Daniel Karbon
- Seeds, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson