once up on a time
Once upon a time in a midmay
While Lila was home in a dismay
There came her cousin rushing in a haste
To deliver a message of courage and hope
'Soldiers say to run far away
That a war is about to begin'
She said in a frightening way
That made a hopeless hope stand in Lila's way
'Are you running away too?
Which place are you going to? '
Lila murmured not knowing who she was talking to
For her brain and vain soul
Swirled again and again
Later, after few days
She was perfect without a daze
In a foreign-neighboring hospital
How was she flown there?
Only God was there.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (once up on a time by mariechantal tuyisabe )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- THE PRETTY SEASONS AND THE PRETTY ROCK O.., MOHAMMAD SKATI