One Day When You Grow Up
One day when you grow up sweetheart
I'll look back on this time
I'll think of those painful nights
when you refused to sleep on time!
I'll remember these long meals
when no plea or bribe worked
to get you to eat your food
while in your eyes naughtiness lurked!
I'll still feel the throb in my head
chasing you from room to room,
toys all around and playful shrieks,
that only kept increasing in volume!
Mealtimes, playtimes or any other time
baby, I'll recall each lovingly,
'cause it's in these times, in my lifetime
that I'll say, baby, I lived happily!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Day When You Grow Up by Arpita Sud )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -28, Ronjoy Brahma
- can someone pass the pistol?, Mandolyn Davidson
- Aqua Flower, The Princess
- Hostility Or Hospitality?, Terence G. Craddock
- my spine is a jerk, Mandolyn Davidson
- Welcoming Guests And Strangers, Terence G. Craddock
- How a knowledgeable person should behave.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ups and down, hasmukh amathalal
- Warm-Hearted Hospitality, Terence G. Craddock
- R U hurting, Gregory Kelley