One Flew Over the UN Cuckoo's Nest
Our politicians, bureaucrats and appointees want to stay,
They like it in NY at the UN and don’t want to move away,
But Canada was turned down for a Security Council place,
Indeed this appears like a terrible UN slap in the face.
So somehow, somewhere along the way, the UN went out of gear,
With their Durban I, their Durban II, and Durban III next year,
It looks like they are using Ahmadinejad as a guide,
There was a time when it appeared that we were all on the same side.
Durban III timed for start of UN General Assembly next year,
So all heads of states will be on hand while many others just leer,
Meeting to promote anti-Semitism and hatred for Jews,
The UN should be closed down now because it has ceased to amuse.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Flew Over the UN Cuckoo's Nest by James Bredin )
- Strip unfinnished, lee fones
- Will You Love Me When I'm Old, Lilly Emery
- You Won't Let Me, Heather Burns
- Love Is The Flame, Lilly Emery
- A HERE WE PART و من هنا نفترق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fading Into Yesterday, Heather Burns
- Love Never Truly Ends, Lilly Emery
- Oh Mediterranean Sea, Lilly Emery
- Calculating The Odds, Kyle Schlicher
- Wind Poem, Kyle Schlicher