One Heart Has Dreamt
One dream awakens the heart with titans,
Once the lights are dimmed forever in the arts,
When waiting has erupted like an angry unfit volcano,
Dancing in the night with life and dread and shame.
One dreams a night for the formations to master
Their formations, to master those we must strive;
One dreams in artistic fashion as we enlighten the majority
Of thinkers, those wonderful men of high renown.
The sticks are drawn together forcing the wandering men
To wonder as well, towards the lands of imagination
And the seas of endeavour, forming phalanxes
That meander so swiftly inside their accused circles.
A dream carries our minds into the Pacific Ocean,
And then to lands far, so farther than our joys and triumphs,
Where dreams come true and mighty castles stand about
In all their heavenly glory.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Heart Has Dreamt by Naveed Akram )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)