One Hour Back!
Grey skies, rain, fog, cold and damp air;
Darkness that seem to go on forever,
Fall is here and the days are short;
By an hour we have fallen back!
That is all as far as the hour hand can go_
Only if they could move it a decade or two back!
I would smile my way back to childhood,
To the greatest days of all time.
It is O, so impossible!
No one can turn the hands of the passing seasons!
Tafadzwa Matamba's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (One Hour Back! by Tafadzwa Matamba )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- of my Pride, sEaN nOrTh
- My Eyes, Kyle Schlicher
- Big Ivory!, Denis Martindale
- My Eyes Blue And Clear, Kyle Schlicher
- Tomorrow I, Sadiqullah Khan
- Elegy To A Gypsy Lass, richard harris
- Firewater, Sadiqullah Khan
- Multiplied By Each Mind, Margaret Alice Second
- de reporter, co the skipper
- Knock the Door Down, Sadiqullah Khan