Terence G. Craddock
One Law To Rule Them All?
New Zealand as middle earth promoted
due to Sir Peter Jackson 'Lord Of The Rings'!
all filmed in New Zealand spectacular movies
Hobbit movies now on the agenda filmed
but in the realm of citizenship rights
political many rings circle to define rights
there is no 'one law to rule them all'
poor people lacking privilege in court fall
drive drunk steal prison is your sentence?
Surely one law for all races must apply?
Reverse racism in New Zealand cannot deny?
Maori King Tuheitia's youngest son free escaped
punishment for crimes drink driving burglary theft
because it would his succession to throne impact?
Is one law to rule them all required?
Paki nineteen to his crimes multiple charges
one charge of theft two charges of burglary
after his breaking into a Gisborne property
earlier this year with accomplices three others
plus a separate alcohol charge for drink driving
in the Auckland District Court for sentencing
pleaded guilty without conviction was discharged
Judge Philippa Cunningham Paki disqualified
from driving for a punishment severe eight months
Paki has proven he drives with an alcohol problem
sentences lenient a father Paki is about to become?
Prince Paki is apparently immune from convictions?
Paki's lawyers argued conviction would impact on him
Maori heir to throne must not suffer convictions for crime?
Crown Law is considering appealing Maori King's
son's controversial discharge without convictions?
New Zealand ruled by elitism racism or equality justice?
William Shakespeare taught in his famous play 'King Lear'
implied need for a wise king with foolish King Lear in despair?
What kind of a king do you think Prince Paki will make?
Terence G. Craddock's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Written in July 2014 on the 24.7.2014.
Complete version of the split images 'A Maori Prince Above The Law' and 'A Maori Prince Immune From Convictions' by Terence George Craddock.
Comments about this poem (One Law To Rule Them All? by Terence G. Craddock )
- Dilemma, Gillian Commerford
- Living, Gillian Commerford
- सानसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Square, Frank Avon
- Shelling Peas on Boulders Beach [for my .., Gillian Commerford
- हार्थखिया मिनिदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- just orientation..many can be straighten.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Demented Souls (A re-submission), Valsa George
- King One - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- दिनैनि सानरेबाव, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)