One moment of a lifetime..
One moment consumed leisurely in vain,
one moment of misery and of pain.
One moment of caress, one moment of assault,
one moment to perceive and amend my fault.
One moment that stands an era above,
one moment that made us fall in love.
One moment of wreck, one moment forlorn,
one moment of parting left me all alone.
One moment of kinship that held us close,
one moment of severance that i loathe.
One moment of warmth and boundless love,
one moment that shattered all bonds of trust.
One moment of dreams and unborn hopes,
one moment of fancied visions to cope.
One moment of despair and solitude,
one moment that shook my life from roots.
joana bluementhal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One moment of a lifetime.. by joana bluementhal )
- September Rain, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Elusive Is Zen, Tad Russell
- Analogy, Angela K Brown
- Anxiety, Angela K Brown
- Searching for Truth, Angela K Brown
- Lesbians, Angela K Brown
- Blood Runs Deep, Angela K Brown
- Innocence, Angela K Brown
- A Hole That Can't Be Filled, Jon Janson
- A Wilted Rose, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)