One Of Nature's Life Forms
Like most living life forms we harbour disease
And we play host to mites and we play host to fleas
And our germs search for hosts in the freshening breeze
That we give to the air when we cough or we sneeze
Since to Nature's laws most of us never comply
The word arrogant to us surely must apply
We pray to our invisible Gods in the skies
But that we are one of Nature's life forms we fail to realize
In our search for Nature's resources when we dig up her ground
New once dormant diseases we do spread around
We may think we own Nature but we have got it wrong
Since of her we were born and to her we belong
And like all of Nature's life forms we are born to die
That is a fact of life and facts never lie.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Of Nature's Life Forms by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Holy! Holy!, Naveed Khalid
- 74, Naveed Khalid
- Femme Fatale, Naveed Khalid
- LIFE IS CLOUDY, BUT THERE WILL BE NO RAINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Qytetit tim, skender iljaz braka
- While my eyes delight at you, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI