diana rose tolentino
I know I lied to you.
I know I deceived you.
I did it deliberately,
But I am not the least sorry.
I did it for your sake.
I did it to save your face,
So it will be easier for you to walk away.
Go now when I can still let you.
Go to the place you belong to.
Leave me here to wallow alone
In self-pity you do not need to know.
But if you need me you are welcome to go back,
Just be sure it is I you truly want.
Cause there will never be another chance.
I only have this one shot at life.
diana rose tolentino's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Shot by diana rose tolentino )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Self-Portrait At 28, David Berman
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
Poem of the Day
- Girls are not a burden.A sweet conversat.., Salim R Javed
- Night, Leong Ming Loong
- they captured this poem, and i went look.., Mandolyn ...
- The Tired Smile, Leong Ming Loong
- Blood and Gore, Leong Ming Loong
- Expressly For A Friend..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Welcome Love, Sari Mavi
- Wrongdoing, Leong Ming Loong
- Beyond Emerald City...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Many Buffalomen & The Bullock-cartmen To.., Bijay Kant Dubey