Onalethuso Petruss Ntema
Only Words Can Say
saw you from across the way
and only words can say,
at you so near,
your eyes, crystal clear
in yours, i ought to stay.
would you stay?
can you really do?
would you marry me?
would you carry me?
questions within me
all gone unknown to be.
for a spouse
not in doubt
to the falls
all gone without.
forgive me for looking
at your beauty,
your talk is soothing
like the morning,
i run smoothly
to the calling.
let me say these few lines
to take you many miles,
where only words can stay
when only words can say,
i pause to reckon with the silence,
you walked across my silence.
Onalethuso Petruss Ntema's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
poem: “only words can say”
book: “cold feet”
year: may 2013
book no.5 of 2013
Comments about this poem (Only Words Can Say by Onalethuso Petruss Ntema )
- Someone Nice, Ray Hansell
- Solitude, Ray Hansell
- Had you loved, Superman, All hearts call.., Oziyon LeDawn
- Dark Sea Of Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Poetry Is Where You Find It V, Frank Avon
- Godspeed, Heipeuding Ilunglung
- Different things in life anytime and any.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Different things in life anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Different things in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- History and geography, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)