Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
The clouds do darken, the rain does drop
I wonder when its going to stop.
The pitter-patter of rain does fall
Against my windows, against my wall.
The wind does blow, the rain does lash
Against my house's pebbledash.
The sounds of never-ending rain
Gurgling down pipes into the drain.
Cars make splashes on wet streets,
Drops on puddles make them meet
In rivulets of rain, rushing onwards
Till the rain and wind abate,
And the sun comes out to dissipate
The water back to heaven
To fall as rain again at seven.
(Copyright (c) Jonathan Goldman [JGthepoet] - 26 October 2003)
Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Onomatopoeia by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Stillness, Brandt Nightingale
- After All, Ryan Scales
- Poet Freak Tide Wave Words, Terence G. Craddock
- A PRETTY MARRIAGE OF OUR TIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland I.., Ryan Scales
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland, Ryan Scales
- 21 Shades Of Blue Intertext Part 1: The .., Ryan Scales
- Poet Bound Sentenced Ancient Mariner Tides, Terence G. Craddock
- THE FACE OF THE BLOODY MASSACRES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Cat Faces, Ryan Scales