Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
The clouds do darken, the rain does drop
I wonder when its going to stop.
The pitter-patter of rain does fall
Against my windows, against my wall.
The wind does blow, the rain does lash
Against my house's pebbledash.
The sounds of never-ending rain
Gurgling down pipes into the drain.
Cars make splashes on wet streets,
Drops on puddles make them meet
In rivulets of rain, rushing onwards
Till the rain and wind abate,
And the sun comes out to dissipate
The water back to heaven
To fall as rain again at seven.
(Copyright (c) Jonathan Goldman [JGthepoet] - 26 October 2003)
Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Onomatopoeia by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet )
- Hurricane Julie, Jeffrey Smith
- winter's advice, teresa sellers
- True Homies, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- antidisestablishmentarianism, Von Kimball Barney
- The answer is blowin' in the wind, Chenou Liu
- Distance, Mishka Allport
- Petals fall, Nassy Fesharaki
- Photo Thoughts, GRANT FRASER
- Make in India, gajanan mishra
- Respectable, Dean Meredith
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)