segun Johnson Ozique
Do you pray every day through pains
Do you have endless stream of tears
Do you travel in lone roads of dead ends
Come with me to pathfinder friend of mine
Do you wake with screams of freedom?
Do you feel lost, raped, stripped of rights?
Do you suffer the indignity of inhumanity?
Come with me to one with helpful solutions
Have you gone back and forth in disaffection?
Pray someday soon death come take the pains
Tearing yourself for fate dealing you such blow
Worry no more for He has rallied in waits with aid
Open your heart ready to receive His embrace, to
The one called Jesus, the Christ of the Holy Trinity
segun Johnson Ozique's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Open Invitation by segun Johnson Ozique )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Mother's Bond, Valentine Mbagu
- Beautiful Nubian Goddess, Lore Me34
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards