I long to see what I've not seen
and hear what I've not heard.
And the longing is a constant.
It keeps the heart of me stirred.
Maybe 'tis just a dream I have
that may not come to pass.
But to give up on this dream I think
is like a half-filled glass.
And I am an optimistic fool
that pictures the glass half full.
I won't allow myself to see it half empty
for to me that's pitiful.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Optimistic Fool by Edwina Reizer )
- Thando unjani, senzokhaya umhayi
- Sweet And Lovely Words, Edward Kofi Louis
- Engimthadayo, senzokhaya umhayi
- Underground Poet, senzokhaya umhayi
- Le Mfihlo yethu, senzokhaya umhayi
- chat up, lee fones
- Imizwa kaMakhwapheni, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngivumele ngihambe, senzokhaya umhayi
- Into The Pocket, Edward Kofi Louis
- Umhayele Izinkondlo ezimnandi, senzokhaya umhayi