Our cousin held hostage
He made it through the Civil War;
he can make it through anything, coming back
from rampant hellfire and target practice
and so we should honor him
honor only invisible spirits
dead things well past their glory;
murky books without application in today's world.
Take your christmas tree & worship that:
they has given you too much to enumerate here;
fire, medicine, fruit & spear...
c'mon hold your the hostage dear.
Stan Petrovich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our cousin held hostage by Stan Petrovich )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov