Our cousin held hostage
He made it through the Civil War;
he can make it through anything, coming back
from rampant hellfire and target practice
and so we should honor him
honor only invisible spirits
dead things well past their glory;
murky books without application in today's world.
Take your christmas tree & worship that:
they has given you too much to enumerate here;
fire, medicine, fruit & spear...
c'mon hold your the hostage dear.
Stan Petrovich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our cousin held hostage by Stan Petrovich )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Let's smile, Nassy Fesharaki
- When I Die A Teacher, Pius Didier
- Family, Kolade Seun
- Mothers!, John Ugolo Umah
- I Just Do Not Know, John Ugolo Umah
- Are you looking, gajanan mishra
- Not worth as human, hasmukh amathalal
- Multicolored, gajanan mishra
- The Light that was Lost, Alexandra Matthews
- Interdependent, gajanan mishra