Our Heroes And Heroines
Our heroes and heroines we may love to recall
But do they believe in a fair go for all
If they are xenophobic or racist even in a small way
Any respect to them I for one never will pay.
Our heroes and heroines are gods in our eyes
But are they kind hearted and generous and wise
And do they embrace egalatarianism as a good idea
Or do they secretly believe in inequality?
Our heroes and heroines we greatly admire
But to be better people us do they inspire?
And if to this simple question your answer is no
Your heroes and heroines not worthy to know.
Our heroes and heroines to us may be great
But are they the people we should celebrate
We put them on a pedestal and give them renown
Though some disappoint us and by them we do feel let down.
Our heroes and heroines their praises we may sing
But a greater sense of self worth to us do they bring
Or are they other mortals with flaws we don't see
For some of them do see quite ordinary to me.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Heroes And Heroines by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Your Shot, Your Time, Maverick Jones
- Our Very Limited Time, Jeff Gangwer
- High-octane Lovers, Simon Quperlier
- LUVin The LATER, Mandolyn Davidson
- Madman On The 10, Juan Olivarez
- COPLA SESENTA: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Losing My Mind, Maverick Jones
- Concepts Of Virtue, Joseph T. Renaldi
- im looking for a g f, cristobal Benjumea
- Walking Away Strong, Maverick Jones