OUR LOVE FOR GOD & HAPPINESS
How would you describe our need for God
Is He foremost in our thoughts and transactions?
He accomplishes His work by our seeking His grace
As we share His blessings by love commitment and actions.
After receiving Christ as our Lord and Savior
We impact others by our passion on display.
Thriving in the richness of God's trust and forgiveness
We are measured by all we think, promise and say.
We need to stay patient with God and ourselves
Remaining focused on purpose, faith and moral goal.
God can transform us if we just trust His will
To alter, glorify and fulfill our soul.
God is never taken by unawareness or surprise
He knows everything we suffer and live through.
His wisdom and love express Divine resolve
That helps us to endure, overcome, and renew.
Our happiness doesn't always depend
On our social standing in life.
Instead good health, with just pursuits
And the love of a child, husband or wife.
Whatever the blessings life may bring
We gladly clutch despite our desires.
Happiness grows like fruit on the vine
Unwelcome to be plucked by liars.
We're never as happy or unhappy
As we suppose ourselves to be.
Sadly, some live half a lifetime
Before the light of knowledge we see.
True happiness is a wonderful gift
A joy of life, from God to man.
Though most fear it can't last
We pray to have it, as long as we can.
Happiness helps prolong our days
Though most human joys are swift of wing.
Heaven allots how much we'll have
As of love and deliverance we sing.
Tom's 491 Poems Are Free To Share!
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
Tom Zart www.internetvoicesradio.com/t_zart/
http: //www.veteranstodayforum.com/viewforum.php? f=38
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (OUR LOVE FOR GOD & HAPPINESS by Tom Zart )
- Reciprocity, Valsa George
- The Spring After Him, Asma Riaz Khan
- Into Place, Margaret Moran
- A walk in the Twilight, Latha Krishnan
- अलविदा बादे - सबा (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- A Horse with no name, Phil Soar
- Changing Lives, Laurence Ruedas
- Poem: Saintly Seeds, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Dice, Fox Nekitsune
- Call, Nathaniel Bassey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)