Our Wedding Day
My mind keeps going back today,
To nineteen forty two, our wedding day,
I walked down the aisle, and saw you there,
My heart filled with love, and I made a prayer.
Asking God to make me a good wife to you,
And that from the war, he would bring you safe through,
My prayers were answered, praise be his name,
And my darling, I still love you just the same.
And though the years, have flown since then,
And my thoughts, I can only pen,
For you left a gap, no one else can fill,
When you passed away, my darling Bill.
But no one can rob me, of your great love,
I hope you can see me, from heaven above,
As I say to your picture, "I still love you"
I know you are saying "I love you too".
So I go to your graveside, with a breaking heart,
I wish oh I wish, we didn't have to part,
But the vows that we made, on that day long ago,
Will be with me forever, and ever I know.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Wedding Day by I. Griffiths )
- Someone Nice, Ray Hansell
- Solitude, Ray Hansell
- Had you loved, Superman, All hearts call.., Oziyon LeDawn
- Dark Sea Of Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Poetry Is Where You Find It V, Frank Avon
- Godspeed, Heipeuding Ilunglung
- Different things in life anytime and any.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Different things in life anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Different things in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- History and geography, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)