Our Wedding Day
My mind keeps going back today,
To nineteen forty two, our wedding day,
I walked down the aisle, and saw you there,
My heart filled with love, and I made a prayer.
Asking God to make me a good wife to you,
And that from the war, he would bring you safe through,
My prayers were answered, praise be his name,
And my darling, I still love you just the same.
And though the years, have flown since then,
And my thoughts, I can only pen,
For you left a gap, no one else can fill,
When you passed away, my darling Bill.
But no one can rob me, of your great love,
I hope you can see me, from heaven above,
As I say to your picture, "I still love you"
I know you are saying "I love you too".
So I go to your graveside, with a breaking heart,
I wish oh I wish, we didn't have to part,
But the vows that we made, on that day long ago,
Will be with me forever, and ever I know.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Our Wedding Day by I. Griffiths )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Love, engeli montalla
- two punk rockers, lee fones
- That Terrible Motel Room, Jose Armando Guzman
- Green and Grey, Jose Armando Guzman
- HAD WE......................, WE WOULD H.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Purple Blossom, Ruth Walters
- The Woman, mark wilkinson
- Eating the Human Flesh, Genevieve Pilat
- Wonders of Being Pretty, Genevieve Pilat
- I LOVE YOUR LIPS, Yoseph Lupu