Lilibeth Sacmar Apat
PA AND MA, A TRIBUTE
For all the things you’ve done
To make those words have very precious meanings
For the thousand and one ways you’ve shown
All the sweet things in life
We’d like to thank you Pa and Ma
For being special… so special indeed.
All through our lives you are there
To share with our triumphs and defeats,
Laughter and tears, hopes and despair,
For being there when we needed you most
When we yearn for someone to understand us
When we seek for a shoulder to cry on
For simply being there when life turns upside-down
Thank you so much, Ma and Pa
For giving us the courage and inspiration to go on.
As we kneel down to pray
We thank God for providing us
Parents who’d never forsake
When everyone else turns away
This is a tribute to you, Pa and Ma
You’re 23 years together now
Many happy returns of this day!
Note: They have just celebrated their 41st wedding anniversary but this poem was written on their 23rd anniversary.
Lilibeth Sacmar Apat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (PA AND MA, A TRIBUTE by Lilibeth Sacmar Apat )
- Mixed Up, Ima Ryma
- Unseen water, Pintu Mahakul
- _Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- AN EMOTIONAL STORY I COULDN'T TELL, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid