Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
Parable of the Sower and the Seed (Matthew 13: 1-23)
The Kingdom of Heaven's like:
Man's soul's like field of soil;
The Word of God's, good seed;
Make up your heart and mind
To accept the Word of God.
Prepare the soil aright:
Till it and turn it well;
Remove weeds and brambles;
Sow good seed in the soil.
Accept the Word of God;
Let them fall on good soil
And not by the wayside;
Scare away birds (devils)
Those try to steal the seeds(Word) .
Avoid the stony land
Without enough of soil;
Avoid the brambly bush
That disallows the sprout.
Open your heart and mind
To see and hear the Word;
The wayside seeds are souls
Those see and hear the Word,
But don't attempt to understand.
The stony earth hasn't enough soil
To sprout and root and grow,
But get scorched by the sun
To wither and to die!
Only those sown upon good soil
Yield a bountiful crop,
Many fold depending on one's toil.
Copyright by Dr John Celes 11-02-2013
Poet Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.