Love engulfs me
my breath is gone
and an eternal love keeps me alive.
feels as if i'm dying,
but really I am living an eternity
limitless, everlasting, painful love
that writhes inside my own anatomy.
The singe of a burning love envelopes my heart
for this cringe worthy love
my power to stand, all of it is taken by him.
his meaning overrides my senses.
sending my body into an uncontrollable spiral,
where I lay numb to all but the enkindled fire
of love he started within me.
On the dust covered ground I stay
until he picks me up.
his sweet touch paralyzing my body,
almost killing me.
This feeling of affection developed so quickly.
He overcame me like night takes day.
His brown eyes, barely seen from behind his dark blonde hair,
leaving me to bleed in his arms.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Paralyzing Love by Annie drummend )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)