Love engulfs me
my breath is gone
and an eternal love keeps me alive.
feels as if i'm dying,
but really I am living an eternity
limitless, everlasting, painful love
that writhes inside my own anatomy.
The singe of a burning love envelopes my heart
for this cringe worthy love
my power to stand, all of it is taken by him.
his meaning overrides my senses.
sending my body into an uncontrollable spiral,
where I lay numb to all but the enkindled fire
of love he started within me.
On the dust covered ground I stay
until he picks me up.
his sweet touch paralyzing my body,
almost killing me.
This feeling of affection developed so quickly.
He overcame me like night takes day.
His brown eyes, barely seen from behind his dark blonde hair,
leaving me to bleed in his arms.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Paralyzing Love by Annie drummend )
- PROBLEM OF TODAY'S ERA, maharshi trivedi
- FREE FALL, Bironga Chadwick
- Imbalance, Hans Raj Sharma
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
- Journey, Dave Cadaqu
- Brad Pitt / Brad Dourif, Jeff Gangwer
- History / Your Dust, Jeff Gangwer
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Primitive, Sharon Olds
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)