Florence M. Jones
Peace is letting life's cares
Roll over your head while
Stamping on them with both feet.
It is daily maintaining control
Of the body, mind and soul.
Peace is steering away from snares
And not taking on life's gloomy cares.
It is being like falling snowflakes
Wonderfully resting serenely as you
Lie on your bed when sick or well.
Peace is letting God have complete control
Of troubles, misery and gloom.
Peace never entertains sorrow
But firmly grips hope for each tomorrow.
Sometimes, peace says speak.
Frequently, peace says be silent.
Peace dwells deep within you and me
Where no mortal being can reach.
Peace cries, "Never let me go
For I am yours to forever keep."
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Peace by Florence M. Jones )
- Shiva Neelakanta, Saiom Shriver
- Dawn, Suresh Dogra
- On white page, hasmukh amathalal
- Intoxication-An alcoholic reverie, RAJ VIKRAM
- It is really love, gajanan mishra
- Clearing Out the Closet: Five Poems Wri.., Lawrence Beck
- Rainy Day, Dorsey Baker
- I Am Free!, Anna Colb
- food walk, lee fones
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)