Let the mothers,
Cook and care in peace.
Let the fathers,
Work and earn in peace.
Let the children,
Study and learn in peace.
Let the Doctors and teachers,
Heal and teach in peace.
Let the dancers and actors,
Dance and act in peace.
Let the painters and sculptors,
Paint and sculpt in peace
Let the shops and the vendors,
Sell and buy in peace
Let the offices and restaurants,
Toil and feed in peace.
Let the laborers work hard,
And earn their bread in peace.
Let the lovers, love,
And idle away their time in peace.
Let the scholars and scientists,
Study and discover in peace.
Let the musical hustle-bustle of city life,
Be, not numbed by terror and grief.
Let my city and my country,
Sleep and wake in peace.
And, may I dare to ask the fanatics,
What has religion, to do with all of these?
maitreyee joshi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (PEACE by maitreyee joshi )
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- Sometimes I Cry, Lilly Emery
- MEDUSA, Lilly Emery
- The Exile, Rishi Kaul
- Bitter Sweet, Lilly Emery
- Strip unfinnished, lee fones
- Will You Love Me When I'm Old, Lilly Emery
- You Won't Let Me, Heather Burns
- Love Is The Flame, Lilly Emery
- A HERE WE PART و من هنا نفترق, MOHAMMAD SKATI