Peculiarities (Fun Poem 142)
We all act as an oddball every now and then
where people smile at what we do.
Sometimes it's under the influence
of one drink or another and sometimes it is not.
We've all heard of people talking to their animals,
but talking to inanimate objects, now that is something different.
A friend of mine went on a holiday once,
got drunk and ended up arguing with some taps,
the kind that water comes out of.
This first time was in a different country and the poor taps
didn't know any English and had no idea what she was talking about.
However, she has continued to talk to taps,
it's as if she expects them to answer her back
even when she is high on just a glass of water.
9 March 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Peculiarities (Fun Poem 142) by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- How Can I Fly, Ronjoy Brahma
- Epic Joshua Speed, Richard Thripp
- The Bounty Of Nature, Miethi Goswami
- MY GOOD HEART, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- White Port (revised), Jose Armando Guzman
- Ha Mai Ladki Hu..........., sonali kumari
- emaandari ya bemaani ya dil ka khot hai, Kamar Alam
- HOW CAN ONE ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF DUTY, Upendra Singh
- BARAS-BARAS MEGHA RE, Upendra Singh
- I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON AROUND, MOHAMMAD SKATI