Adrienne Clark Strachn
PIMP IN THE PULPIT, AND WE WERE TOO BLIND TO SEE
Welcome, our new pastor to the pulpit
green suit, shining bright,
quided by the light, shining bright
should bring us some delight.
upholding no biblical text to us
Is he speaking the word, !
sounds foreign, his bliblical text to us..
looking for something to
broken hearts, broken spirits
Usually sounds of tears,
pleas of mercy
tongue spoken words you can hear
for our new pastor to declare.
Someone shouts, ' speak pastor speak'
hoping Mr.Bright Green suit
should be deliveringl deliver loud and clear,
Amen, Amen, shouts someone from the back
from the congregation
Mr. Green suit hollars, falls down on the altar
passes out of our sight
water, water, get some water
What has happened to our new man of God?
Mr. Pimp in the pulpit has fallen
a hypocrite indeed
words spoken by God,
for us not to be too blind to see.
Soft, quiet unspoken words
to set us up to believe.
The PIMP IN THE PULPIT
What you needed to see
HE was Green with Envy,
Can you believe......
WRITTEN BY: ADRIENNE STRACHN
Adrienne Clark Strachn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (PIMP IN THE PULPIT, AND WE WERE TOO BLIND TO SEE by Adrienne Clark Strachn )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Casey Renee Kiser
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Cremation Of Sam McGee, Robert William Service
Poem of the Day
- The Right Religion, Kevin Forbes
- Miles away, hannah wilbert
- (8) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- A life unexamined, Robert Plese
- Dying, Dipankar Chakraborty
- Quotation # 5, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Control, Robert Plese
- Time is your worst enemy, Leong Ming Loong
- Price, Nassy Fesharaki
- Hate Is A Strong Word, Michael Webb