Piping Plover..... [bird; what's in a name? ; Very Short]
A cute little shorebird bears that Piping Plover name.
I wonder from where the bird’s first name came.
Is it drawn somehow from the plumbing trade, .....
or from how its colored feathers are “out-laid”?
Then again, the bird’s first name and the word meaning “a shrill, high-pitched sound”.....are the same.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Within industry, piping is a system of pipes used to convey fluids (liquids and gases) from one location to another.
In sewing, piping is a type of trim or embellishment consisting of a strip of folded fabric inserted into a seam to define the edges or style lines of a garment or other textile object.
Comments about this poem (Piping Plover..... [bird; what's in a name? ; Very Short] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Do të vish, skender iljaz braka
- Diku ne buzedete..., skender iljaz braka
- Dhimbja e Motres…., skender iljaz braka
- फैलाव दुब्लियाव, Ronjoy Brahma
- Shkozeti ynë, skender iljaz braka
- Cultural Values and Economic 'Values' (O.., Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- Refugee, Tony Adah
- Hugging The Girl, Post Not The Photo, O .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- thank you for stepping on me, Mandolyn Davidson
- आंखौ बासिनाया (मेथाइ), Ronjoy Brahma