Playing Mbira By The Mill Bay Beach.
Today watched dawn going into day,
The morning star melting into the sunrise;
As spectacular as it was_
It did not last, everything golden does not stay!
Thick fog blanketed the sun,
Reducing it to the whitest full moon l have ever seen!
A cutting wind warns me of the cold to come.
The geese squawking about the sky_
Behold how they maintain that neat V-shape as they fly!
The days of my childhood rise fresh in my mind.
Within my breast, my heart is at rest
And treasure l do all the years l have left behind.
Oh where does the time go?
Just a while ago in my father's shop,
That special sweet rural scene l recall!
Now l was perhaps six and very small.
Then l thought our village was the whole world
And my father was the richest man that ever lived!
My heart filled with so much glee_
l greeted every customer with such an honesty smile;
Yet my real excitement was the mania for sweets
That had blinded my mind with dust
And three decades later l have bad teeth.
Tafadzwa Matamba's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Playing Mbira By The Mill Bay Beach. by Tafadzwa Matamba )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Poet And Poem, Ruma Chaudhuri
- My Dream, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Tantrayana philosophy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.