In an act of sinister and celestial Judo
They’ve recently reduced the size of Pluto.
It’s no longer on the planet list
-Nor are the moons within its midst.
It’s become a ho-hum planetoid,
An irksome, king-sized asteroid.
Hail the wonks at the planetarium!
(Who altered history for an honorarium) .
M.J. McGuire's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pluto by M.J. McGuire )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sleep now, hasmukh amathalal
- OUR NEIGHBOR'S BABY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Older, Younger, Both, Joyce Sutphen
- Living in the Body, Joyce Sutphen
- Beggar thy Neighbor, John F. McCullagh
- In Black, Joyce Sutphen
- Ever After, Joyce Sutphen
- Miracle entry, hasmukh amathalal
- Evening Angelus, Joyce Sutphen
- Casino, Joyce Sutphen