Poem 033, Sonnet 13: Heart Gone Amiss
What now? What now, laconic soul of mine?
Explain to me, what has come over you?
Melancholy, confusion? All is fine
Frustration, hatred? Well, there’s nothing new
Will you not voice your worries, heart of stone
What secrets have you to reveal to me?
Submission, gloom? So why the morbid moan?
‘S it anger? That is no anomaly…
Are these the things you want to sacrifice?
Displeasure, chagrin, apathy, disgust…
These are the elements of paradise
The gist of Heaven, fool, so why adjust?
That’s Heaven, and I say you’ve gone amiss
To claim it hell… wake heart! You are in bliss!
June 20th 1988
Samer Madbak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem 033, Sonnet 13: Heart Gone Amiss by Samer Madbak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- a ReSoRt 2 rEtoRt and sum copy n paste, sEaN nOrTh
- In Lost Dreams, Lilly Emery
- The Present, Elizabeth Shield
- CRY OF THE GONE, Atimiwoaye Adetunji dayo
- I Wish, Poetry Love
- You Say, Leesaan Robertson
- Mr jekyll and Doctor hyde (advert for a .., lee fones
- Ghar sey chale toh the maikhane ko - Gha.., Talab ...
- Two Thumbs Up And No Head Bowed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Am A Temple, Elma Burke