Savita Tyagi Poems
- A Poet's Heart He had a poet’s heart When he melted with ...
- Powers Lie In Us Endowed with knowledge we Acquire the power...
- Moon's Child Night is stygian sans of stars Dark mood shares...
- A Larger Identity It is not enough to have our own ...
- In A World Of Poetry Loved to write as far back as memory ...
- A Day Of Thanksgiving Thanks for beautiful blue skies Thanks...
- Disconnect & Connect In languid surroundings A sense of ...
I was born and raised in India. After my marriage I came to U.S. It wasn’t until my children grew up that I turned back to my love of reading and writing again. This time medium was a foreign language- English. Though I mostly write in English I still love to read Hindi and also our ancient Sanskrit poetry. To this day this ancient as well as new age poetry draws me with same passion. This fusion ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Poet's Heart
He had a poet’s heart
When he melted with pain at the sight of a wounded bird
Like an ice cube melting in summer’s heat
The helpless eyes of grieving bird’s mate
Turned his heart’s cries into verses of poetry
This famous story is an inspiration
For poets around the world
On rainy days a poet’s imagination streams and floats
Like a little paper boat in gushing rainwater
It giggles and laughs with little children
Playing in rainwater
It captures the adventures of a raindrop
Falling in puddles of city streets
Floating through winding alleys