Poem By Rachel (From Me To Thee)
My darling dear across the seas
Would there were an inland breeze
To carry quickly to your side
Myself, a short time to abide.
Before my heart shall beat its last
T'would be my wish to hold you fast
And for a while my great desire
Would bring to me your inner fire.
And so I dream, feeling a thrum,
To stay within your beating drum.
Is this all wrong? It cannot be.
Though we are parted by the sea,
A singing bond exists it seems
And gives some substance to my dreams.
Please, beating drum, keep me inside
I'll not disturb the rhythmic tide
That counts your days and mine as well
In love within I'd wish to dwell.
Herbert Nehrlich's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem By Rachel (From Me To Thee) by Herbert Nehrlich )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- *Rumi Speaks, C. P. Sharma
- Destiny Misplaced, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- *Stray Thoughts, C. P. Sharma
- Shame-Shame Israel, Aftab Alam
- Paths Of Childhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- lips of flower, Aftab Alam
- Sin Salida, Edwin Cordero
- jeene ka karishma|, Aftab Alam
- *My confused mood, C. P. Sharma
- Dear! i Still Love You, Rimni chakravarty