Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: In His Hands
Although I’m still clay,
upon God’s pottery wheel,
He continues to mold me.
Fashioned after His image,
He reworks this human vessel
to accomplish what He sees…
in the combination of gifts
that were previously bestowed,
into this elysian creation.
Mirroring Christ’s brokenness,
I can share in His suffering,
from fully embracing Salvation.
Free of the law of sin and death,
my unveiled face radiates His Love,
as I am ‘taking back the land’.
Living under my Savior’s authority,
I am forever grateful and thankful-
to remain permanently in His hands.
Loosely based on:
Matt 5: 1-16
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2014, All rights reserved.
Author/poet, Reaching Towards His Unbounded Glory
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: In His Hands by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1878 - 3 May 1916)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 August 1880 – 9 November 1918)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Love's Substitute, Bernard O'Dowd
Poem of the Day
- Vivaciousness, hafiz qasim
- Christmas 2014-1914, Darlene Walsh
- Without You, Gillu Rahul
- Wordly, hafiz qasim
- In Blue December Breaking Off The Icicle.., mary douglas
- December 10-11- season bonus, Mae AC.
- Mountainclimber, hafiz qasim
- Miss Legs, Dorsey Baker
- A Lesson to Fur and Leather Entertainers, rohan bendre
- Love Is Here To Stay, Dorsey Baker