Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Poem: Not Against Flesh and Blood
Must we compete in spiritual matches,
against unseen, devilish competitors?
Must we needlessly suffer and find…
our souls ending up both worn and sore?
Within this fallen, earthly world,
the rulers of darkness don't worry me;
for I know that their authority
is incapable of imprisoning completely.
Their ongoing tactics of fear,
is something that I've already seen.
So I'm not concerned, knowing…
that I'm a member of the Kingdom scene
Although we've been unwillingly dragged
through pain, troubles, dirt and mud,
our continuing, sacred battle is…
not against flesh and blood.
Loosely based on:
Eph 6: 12
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2013, All rights reserved.
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem: Not Against Flesh and Blood by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- What Makes A Man A Man, John Masaitis
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello
- Overcoming obstacles, Gerry Legister
- Easy, Curtis Brown
- The Bed, John Foster