The best part of reaching a goal
in not attaining the end,
but lies in the grappling and
searching: those hardships you spend.
One who finds their destination
also loses their determination.
Retirement is not to be comfort, and rest,
but a time for one to be at their own best.
The greatest pleasure one can give
is to tell good stories of how they live.
The greatest way to feel old,
is to have your ancient stories told.
When the party is over
start planning another.
What is love-
but to give a measure above.
She gave of her living-
that is loves' way of giving.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poetic Sayings by S.W. Clark )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford
- Gay parade, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neighbor, Katie Doty
- department stores give me a headache, Mandolyn ...
- Secrets Hidden By The Side Of The Road, Is It Poetry
- Poetic Flashes, Sandra Feldman
- Lick Of Leak, sallam yassin
- Ode to Arizona on a Hot Summer's Day, Adam M. Snow
- Forgiveness, Tony Ford