The best part of reaching a goal
in not attaining the end,
but lies in the grappling and
searching: those hardships you spend.
One who finds their destination
also loses their determination.
Retirement is not to be comfort, and rest,
but a time for one to be at their own best.
The greatest pleasure one can give
is to tell good stories of how they live.
The greatest way to feel old,
is to have your ancient stories told.
When the party is over
start planning another.
What is love-
but to give a measure above.
She gave of her living-
that is loves' way of giving.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poetic Sayings by S.W. Clark )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Day 28 of July 2014, Erica Borges
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...
- Journey of imaginable stress!, Marshall Gass
- the fishermen on the wharf, Marshall Gass
- In The Market For The Exotic, Terence G. Craddock
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass