Poetry is....by Roxanne #1
Poety is beautiful church bells
chiming their joyful melodies.
Poetry is choirs singing
in perfect harmonies.
Poetry is watching
Children flying kites.
Poetry is see awesome
leaves falling to the ground.
Poetry is listening
to the beautiful sounds
of wind chimes.
Poetry is the happy laughter
of children at play.
Poetry is watching sailboats
gracefully sailing to Port
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Who was Cliff Bailey? He was a Republican state senator of the
39th legislative District of the State of Washington.
Many members of his own part often said he would have made a better Democratic party member; just because he was coperative with them. In honor of all of his many accomphlishements, our facility was named after him.
He is deceased. But he was a wonderful man, and when I was in the Democratic Party, we use to work together over the telephone.
Now about the peom. I have composed several versions of the same Poem,
Poetry is. However, I added an extra line when I submitted it for
publication: 'keep the story focused.' I was having problems concentrating on the poem during its composition. When I asked Nick if the line should remain in the poem, he answered, ' yes.' However,
I did choose not to include it on Poemhunter.
Comments about this poem (Poetry is....by Roxanne #1 by Roxanne Dubarry )
- How To Tie The Knot, Foster Teegarden
- hurry husband, shush my alliteration, Mandolyn ...
- Sharp Is The Bite, Donald R Charon
- Erato my Muse of love poetry. (Part 2), Erato
- Headache, Foster Teegarden
- Autumn Season, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- mommy, Josephine Taylor
- Friendly Union, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Your Guardian Angel, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Green Iris, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)