Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Pointless Without Thought and Senseless
IF it is 'fact' and is true,
That trash collects on your side of the fence...
With an intention to do,
To reflect a perception kept...
You seem to accept and protect.
WHY do you become offended,
By a perception you have given to others...
Who bring this to your attention?
Especially on the same disrespecting level,
You loudly exclaim to mention publicly.
And with a doing you have done to yourself?
No one else you have accused!
You expect others to run to your defense.
Proving your mind is irresponsible AND dense.
IF you cleaned up your trash on 'your' side of the fence,
Perhaps those who find your opposition to their actions...
And comments made you find do not represent,
The reality YOU present.
Maybe. Just 'maybe'...
Others may not take what you have validated as shown,
Pointless without thought and senseless afterall.
More than protesting may be needed as proof!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.