Political Recall Nov 9th,2012
Canadian politicians like all politicians dread recall,
Whether it's federal, provincial or even city hall,
But how do we get rid of a dreadful useless politician?
And he's absolutely useless other than his/her ambition.
So a system of recall should be inaugurated now,
Though our politicians will try to stop it somehow,
Why does British Columbia have recall and we don't?
And why do they have set-date elections and our system wont?
And if that province can succeed here; why can't we?
There must be a system and somewhere someone must have the key,
Why does nobody mention it; as we get frequently swamped?
As we tolerate more useless politicians and no one will prompt.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Political Recall Nov 9th,2012 by James Bredin )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A child said, What is the grass?, Walt Whitman
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)