James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
Political Recall Nov 9th,2012
Canadian politicians like all politicians dread recall,
Whether it's federal, provincial or even city hall,
But how do we get rid of a dreadful useless politician?
And he's absolutely useless other than his/her ambition.
So a system of recall should be inaugurated now,
Though our politicians will try to stop it somehow,
Why does British Columbia have recall and we don't?
And why do they have set-date elections and our system wont?
And if that province can succeed here; why can't we?
There must be a system and somewhere someone must have the key,
Why does nobody mention it; as we get frequently swamped?
As we tolerate more useless politicians and no one will prompt.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem