Political Recall Nov 9th,2012
Canadian politicians like all politicians dread recall,
Whether it's federal, provincial or even city hall,
But how do we get rid of a dreadful useless politician?
And he's absolutely useless other than his/her ambition.
So a system of recall should be inaugurated now,
Though our politicians will try to stop it somehow,
Why does British Columbia have recall and we don't?
And why do they have set-date elections and our system wont?
And if that province can succeed here; why can't we?
There must be a system and somewhere someone must have the key,
Why does nobody mention it; as we get frequently swamped?
As we tolerate more useless politicians and no one will prompt.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Political Recall Nov 9th,2012 by James Bredin )
- Equinox, Lawrence Beck
- One's sadness or happiness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Auto rikshaw., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Invocation of Rain, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- Harness Racing (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 4, ramesh rai
- Light vs Smoke, Adele Bercich
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall ف.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fulani and His Cattle, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- LOVE, DRASHI SHAH
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)